Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Job Status

Hey guys,

I need to know the current status for a job that i started.

I knew that sp_help_job give me all this information, but i have to do IFs, so I have to set a variable with this result. I only need the columns last_run_outcome and current_execution_status.

How do I to get only this values from a Job_id ??

i Looked in almost all table from msdb to find these 2 columns and nothing ... :/

Anyone can helpme ?The Answer Is :

use master
exec sp_addlinkedserver @.server = 'LocalServer',
@.srvproduct = '',
@.provider = 'SQLOLEDB',
@.datasrc = @.@.servername
go

select last_run_outcome, current_execution_status from openquery(LocalServer, 'set fmtonly off; exec msdb.dbo.sp_help_job')
go
exec sp_dropserver 'LocalServer'

U donot need to drop the linked server, I did that to ensure that noerror will be shoed when adding linked servers

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment