Friday, March 30, 2012

Job with steps problem

Hi all,
I have Windows 2003 r2 Server x64, sql 2005 sp1 x64 with sql 2000 latest sp
on one machine.
In SQL2005 I have created 2 maintenance plans - one for 2005 and second for
2000
Also created 3rd job (first 2 were generated by maintenance plans) with the
following steps:
1. cmd to move filese from A to B
2. SQL SISP package \Maintenance Plans\2005
3. SQL SISP package \Maintenance Plans\2000
When I execute that job it goes to step one and move those file, it's ok.
But step 2 and 3 are not executed correctly, I mean they are executed
(Successful) but that maintenance plan is not executing. After all I'm
getting the successful result but no backup are mage
Tried to execute those maintenance plans one by one. 2000 - successful but
nothing happens, the same is for 2005
When I execute the job associated - all is ok.
How could I add defined JOB to the Job Steps, to make it all run?
Thank you in advanceAlex
I don't think it is a good idea to call job from another job's step.
I mean you have to be certain that it is really business requirements
Take a look at sp_start_job system stored procedure in the BOL
"Guzun, Alex" <a> wrote in message
news:OT%23pG$gvHHA.536@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I have Windows 2003 r2 Server x64, sql 2005 sp1 x64 with sql 2000 latest
> sp on one machine.
> In SQL2005 I have created 2 maintenance plans - one for 2005 and second
> for 2000
> Also created 3rd job (first 2 were generated by maintenance plans) with
> the following steps:
> 1. cmd to move filese from A to B
> 2. SQL SISP package \Maintenance Plans\2005
> 3. SQL SISP package \Maintenance Plans\2000
> When I execute that job it goes to step one and move those file, it's ok.
> But step 2 and 3 are not executed correctly, I mean they are executed
> (Successful) but that maintenance plan is not executing. After all I'm
> getting the successful result but no backup are mage
> Tried to execute those maintenance plans one by one. 2000 - successful but
> nothing happens, the same is for 2005
> When I execute the job associated - all is ok.
> How could I add defined JOB to the Job Steps, to make it all run?
> Thank you in advance|||Hm... don't know what is BOL, and how to use sp_start_job system stored
procedure
I'm just a guy that using GUI for SQL
I need to achieve those job to run as 1, 2, 3.
2nd will wait for 1, to end and so on
Please help me if you can
Thanks in advance
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:#jzRXGhvHHA.2288@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Alex
> I don't think it is a good idea to call job from another job's step.
> I mean you have to be certain that it is really business requirements
> Take a look at sp_start_job system stored procedure in the BOL
>
> "Guzun, Alex" <a> wrote in message
> news:OT%23pG$gvHHA.536@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
>|||Alex
BOL -Books On Line that is a part of SQL Server Client Tools installation.
Can you create three jobs and and checking the status by using sp_help_job?
"Guzun, Alex" <a> wrote in message
news:%23tGvRWjvHHA.1168@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hm... don't know what is BOL, and how to use sp_start_job system stored
> procedure
> I'm just a guy that using GUI for SQL
> I need to achieve those job to run as 1, 2, 3.
> 2nd will wait for 1, to end and so on
> Please help me if you can
> Thanks in advance
> "Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> news:#jzRXGhvHHA.2288@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...|||Sorry
I have 2 jobs for 2 maintenance plans
Got also 3 job with cmd script to move files from DAY folder to WEEK folder
And everyday I'll tape DAY folder
Now I want them to run one by one, don't want to calculate time intervals
for each one
Thanks
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:#DnGyajvHHA.1164@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Alex
> BOL -Books On Line that is a part of SQL Server Client Tools installation.
> Can you create three jobs and and checking the status by using
> sp_help_job?
>
> "Guzun, Alex" <a> wrote in message
> news:%23tGvRWjvHHA.1168@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment