Wednesday, March 28, 2012

job steps synchronous?

Quick question - if I have several steps in a job are they run one after the other or can there potentially be overlap. In one step I create a file and the subsequent step copies it, so I'm concerned that the first completes before the second begins
TIA
Frank SThey are sequental.
Bojidar Alexandrov|||Frank,
My experience is that it is no overlap.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
"Frank Spencer" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C2E0F3EF-331D-49CF-A77E-ECCEF0710F32@.microsoft.com...
> Quick question - if I have several steps in a job are they run one after the other or can there potentially
be overlap. In one step I create a file and the subsequent step copies it, so I'm concerned that the first
completes before the second begins.
> TIA,
> Frank S

No comments:

Post a Comment