Friday, March 30, 2012

Job/Sheduled DTS/...: Rename a File

Hi,
I need to import a file with a Sheduled DTS, and after I have imported it I
shoudl rename the File. Is there any way to do this with a DTS or Job?
Thanks a lot,
Pieter
Dragu,
have a look at this link. It has examples of different uses of the
filesystemobject which you'll need to call in vbscript:
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?292
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||Pieter,
Execute a batch file either using DTS or sql job.
Dinesh
SQL Server MVP
--
SQL Server FAQ at
http://www.tkdinesh.com
"DraguVaso" <pietercoucke@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#ntqwtPWEHA.1760@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I need to import a file with a Sheduled DTS, and after I have imported it
I
> shoudl rename the File. Is there any way to do this with a DTS or Job?
> Thanks a lot,
> Pieter
>
|||Great! Thanks! How do I execute such a script in my Job?
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message
news:eJj$21PWEHA.4056@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Dragu,
> have a look at this link. It has examples of different uses of the
> filesystemobject which you'll need to call in vbscript:
> http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?292
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison
>
|||Dragu,
these scripts can be copied and pasted into an activeX script task.
Regards,
Paul Ibison
|||Thanks! :-)
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message
news:O88QAeQWEHA.1356@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Dragu,
> these scripts can be copied and pasted into an activeX script task.
> Regards,
> Paul Ibison
>

No comments:

Post a Comment