Friday, March 30, 2012

Job View History is disappearing

I've created new maintenance plans and while I can view the maintenance plan
history, the job view history is deleted somehow. Where is this controlled?
The maintenance plan is not deleting job history and I don't see any other
jobs or maintenance plans that are deleting history.
This is SQL2005 SE SP2. I remember in SQL2000 you could limit the size of
the job history, but I don't see that in 2005. Is there a default somewhere
I'm missing?
Thanks
RonRon,
In SSMS, right-click on SQL Agent, select Properties, go to the History
page. This is where you can set the size of history.
RLF
"Ron" <Ron@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0EB1F324-BF2B-4F24-87AC-585FAB4071E3@.microsoft.com...
> I've created new maintenance plans and while I can view the maintenance
> plan
> history, the job view history is deleted somehow. Where is this
> controlled?
> The maintenance plan is not deleting job history and I don't see any
> other
> jobs or maintenance plans that are deleting history.
> This is SQL2005 SE SP2. I remember in SQL2000 you could limit the size of
> the job history, but I don't see that in 2005. Is there a default
> somewhere
> I'm missing?
> Thanks
> Ron|||Thanks - I'll bump it up and see if that's the issue.
"Russell Fields" wrote:
> Ron,
> In SSMS, right-click on SQL Agent, select Properties, go to the History
> page. This is where you can set the size of history.
> RLF
> "Ron" <Ron@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0EB1F324-BF2B-4F24-87AC-585FAB4071E3@.microsoft.com...
> > I've created new maintenance plans and while I can view the maintenance
> > plan
> > history, the job view history is deleted somehow. Where is this
> > controlled?
> > The maintenance plan is not deleting job history and I don't see any
> > other
> > jobs or maintenance plans that are deleting history.
> >
> > This is SQL2005 SE SP2. I remember in SQL2000 you could limit the size of
> > the job history, but I don't see that in 2005. Is there a default
> > somewhere
> > I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ron
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment