Monday, February 20, 2012

JDBC issues on infoview (Tomcat)

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue with a report which was originally designed for use with CR 7.5 but then, for security reason, we had to adapt it for use with CRXI.

Basically, when updating the datasource settings, using the native oracle driver available on the Crystal report application, I get an "unrecognised characterset" error message.

A colleague suggested that this is probably an application issue as if instead of the native Oracle connectivity, I update the datasource to use a JDBC connection, I do get results printed on the screen.

However when I load the modified and saved template into infoview, I get a "Failed to open connection" error.

I've been looking into both the tomcat and businessobject documentation but couldn't find anything to help me.

Does anyone has a clue on what do I need to look at in order to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot

LaurenceForgot to mention, BusinessObject is installed under tomcat on a unix machine...|||Open the report and do verify database and try.
Also search for your solution here
http://support.businessobjects.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment