Friday, February 24, 2012

Jet datasource on x64

Running SSRS on a 64bit machine. Have a legacy MS Access database that
we need to use as a datasource for select reports. Appears that Jet
was not ported to x64. Is my only recourse for connecting from SSRS to
Jet to uninstall SSRS x64 and install 32bit version?On Aug 22, 9:30 am, Jim <emailje...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Running SSRS on a 64bit machine. Have a legacy MS Access database that
> we need to use as a datasource for select reports. Appears that Jet
> was not ported to x64. Is my only recourse for connecting from SSRS to
> Jet to uninstall SSRS x64 and install 32bit version?
Just a quick followup that I decided against the 32bit version of SSRS
and instead installed an instance of SQL Express which runs 32 bit
inside WOW. SQL Express can use Jet as a linked server. and x64 SQL
Server can link to 32bit express. Not ideal, but gets me the data I
need untill we can do away with MS Access/Jet.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment