Monday, February 20, 2012

JDBC Driver issues on Windows 2003

I'm running an application the is running on Weblogic 8.1.4 and uses MS SQL
Server 2000 as the db. I used the MS SQL JDBC driver SP3 and everything works
fine on a Windows 2000 box.
Now when I installed the same app on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, I get
the following errors,
<Jun 22, 2005 5:20:21 PM MDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <BEA-001129> <Received
exception
while creating connection for pool "BizLogicDBPool": [Microsoft][SQLServer
2000
Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Cannot load the DLL sqljdbc.dll, or one of the
DLLs i
t references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).>
I tried adding sqljdbc.dll in the classpath, in the app startup script and
no use. Any ideas, pointers, help ? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Dallas Cowboy wrote:

> I'm running an application the is running on Weblogic 8.1.4 and uses MS SQL
> Server 2000 as the db. I used the MS SQL JDBC driver SP3 and everything works
> fine on a Windows 2000 box.
> Now when I installed the same app on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, I get
> the following errors,
> <Jun 22, 2005 5:20:21 PM MDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <BEA-001129> <Received
> exception
> while creating connection for pool "BizLogicDBPool": [Microsoft][SQLServer
> 2000
> Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Cannot load the DLL sqljdbc.dll, or one of the
> DLLs i
> t references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).>
> I tried adding sqljdbc.dll in the classpath, in the app startup script and
> no use. Any ideas, pointers, help ? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Hi. In order to do XA calls, the driver requires that the sqljdbc.dll
be installed *at the DBMS*. It is accessed directly by the DBMS via
extended stored procedures which should be also installed in the DBMS.
Please see our documents on the MS SQLserver driver.
I hope this helps,
Joe Weinstein at BEA

No comments:

Post a Comment