Friday, February 24, 2012

Jet to Ansi SQL converter

I've got a weird question --
Have any of you ever come across software that can convert MS Jet SQL to ANSI standard SQL or other SQL flavors?
Could be a huge help in my next project. Please let me know if you know of anything like this!!
:)I'm not aware of any such software. And I probably wouldn't trust any that I came across. I just think it would be a difficult job writing software to interpret and translate all the crappy code that is out there!|||i do know that you can set the global database properties for microsoft access so that it will write it's queries in MS SQL format (ansi 92).

this would allow you to create simple queries in the query designer and then you could modify them and the designer would parse them but you can also do that in the graphical queries in the SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager

{For Access Queries in ANSI 92}
open a database
tools > options > Tables/Queries > SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ansi92)
choose this database or default for all new databases.

{For ANSI 92 Queries Graphically in SQL Server}
Open the SQL Server enterprise manager
expand Servers > [your server name] > Databases > [your database name]
open tables or views
right click one of the tables or views and select Open Table > Query
have at it.

i hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment