Friday, February 24, 2012

JDBC with MSDE

I have a MSDE database that I am trying to connect to with JDBC. I don't
have SQL Server installed. Is this possible? When I try to connect I get
the error:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC][SQLServer]
Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
connection.

From what I've read on the web it looks like I need to set the security
settings to allow
for SQL authentication as well as NT authentication. Is that correct? And
can that
be done with just MSDE?

I think that I have MSDE 2000 installed (it actually came with a different
application).
I just downloaded the latest SQL Server JDBC driver.

Thanks,

Brucehi,
"dfdfd" <dfdf@.aol.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:Uehab.184609$xf.152570@.lakeread04...
> I have a MSDE database that I am trying to connect to with JDBC. I don't
> have SQL Server installed. Is this possible? When I try to connect I get
> the error:
> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
> JDBC][SQLServer]
> Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server
> connection.
> From what I've read on the web it looks like I need to set the security
> settings to allow
> for SQL authentication as well as NT authentication. Is that correct?
And
> can that
> be done with just MSDE?

you connection failed becouse you MSDE installation is set to WinNT
authebtication (trusted authetication), default setting for WinNT platform
that can be changed during setup by filling SECURITYMODE = SQL parameter..
have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;285097
for more info about this and for hints on how to change Authentication
setting by hacking the registry..
new switches info for service pack 3a can be found at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810826
hth
Andrea Montanari
andrea.sql@.virgilio.it
montanari_andrea@.virgilio.it
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtm
DbaMgr2k ver 0.4.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.50.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
--- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment