Monday, February 20, 2012

JDBC performance on Windows Xp SP2

I wrote a conversion program to convert some dbf data to an sql server 2000.
When I run the program on a Windows 2000 SP4 everything works fine. When
I run the same program on a Windows XP SP2 the program is really slow.
Haven't tried the program on a xp without sp 2. Maybe SP is the problem.
Anyone had the same problem?
On a 2000 machine the program copies up to 100 records a second. The same
program running on a xp machine copies only one record a second!
I tried the latest ms jdbc driver as wel as the open source driver.
No difference, same problem.
It's a sql server 2000 Sp3.
I disabled the xp firewall, but same result. Still to slow.
Both machines (2000 and xp) have the same hardware: pentium IV 2.4 GHz with
512MB ram.
I'm using the sun java 1.5.0_01.
Any idea?
Thanks Davy
Davy,
Have you been able to narrow down at all what is slower? Is it reading
the data from dbf or inserting into SQL Server?
Sue Purkis
DataDirect Technologies
"Davy" <Davy@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5D7E84B6-DF43-41C3-98FA-6C9AF13E34C8@.microsoft.com...
> I wrote a conversion program to convert some dbf data to an sql server
2000.
> When I run the program on a Windows 2000 SP4 everything works fine. When
> I run the same program on a Windows XP SP2 the program is really slow.
> Haven't tried the program on a xp without sp 2. Maybe SP is the problem.
> Anyone had the same problem?
> On a 2000 machine the program copies up to 100 records a second. The same
> program running on a xp machine copies only one record a second!
> I tried the latest ms jdbc driver as wel as the open source driver.
> No difference, same problem.
> It's a sql server 2000 Sp3.
> I disabled the xp firewall, but same result. Still to slow.
> Both machines (2000 and xp) have the same hardware: pentium IV 2.4 GHz
with
> 512MB ram.
> I'm using the sun java 1.5.0_01.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks Davy
|||Inserting the records into SQL Server.
"Sue Purkis" wrote:

> Davy,
> Have you been able to narrow down at all what is slower? Is it reading
> the data from dbf or inserting into SQL Server?
> Sue Purkis
> DataDirect Technologies
> "Davy" <Davy@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5D7E84B6-DF43-41C3-98FA-6C9AF13E34C8@.microsoft.com...
> 2000.
> with
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment